Professional drones have changed the way cell tower companies are auditing and inspecting wireless infrastructure by enabling the rapid, repeatable, and safe collection of high-resolution imagery and video of tower structures and equipment. This live streaming video can be seen by cell tower company engineers while the inspection is occurring. This AYRTIME UAV real-time video viewing allows for on-the-spot adjustments and new compliance requirements by the customer.
First, we will create a 3-D model of the cell tower. Here are some of the data points included in the 3-D analysis:
• An overlap of at least 70% at the surface of interest.
• If the ground station is part of the model, some images connecting the tower and the ground compound are included.
• Choose the exact time of day for optimal exposure.
• Choose the right image resolution for the level of detail you want to achieve.
If you need extra detail around specific parts (like antennas, top part of tower), we will use a specific mission (like Antenna Orbits/Dome Orbits) to capture some extra images in these places.
In general, we use a combination of two or three different aerial patterns for best results. Here are some combinations that we know provides success results.
The exact type of mission that is suited for your needs depends on the environment and the purpose of data acquisition. If, for example, the tower is hard to walk (circle) around, a “Verticals” mission might be better than a “Helix” mission.
- Reduce Cost
- Save time on site
- Reduce risk (climbing accidents)
- Get high quality data
- Drone cell tower inspections reduce the data gathering inspection time from 19 to just 8 hours and drastically increase the quality of the deliverable.
AYRTIME’s engineering staff has decades of wireless experience and we understand the level of both Radio and GPS interference around your tower before planning a very close- range mission.